Please try to comment after reading any article on this site. Please you can also post your own story here. Please don't be a GHOST READER. To see the trending forum topic move to the Front Page. Follow us on: TwitterFacebook(P)Facebook(G)
Since the dawn of time there has only been one thing that we all undoubtedly have in common, our home, planet Earth. From the atmosphere to it’s core the Earth is filled with many wonders, most yet to be discovered. Here are 13 Unbelievable Facts About Our Planet Earth
1.There are more living organisms in a teaspoonful of soil than there are people on earth.
2. Before trees were common, the Earth may have been covered with giant mushrooms.
3. The Earth’s core is about as hot as the sun’s surface.
4. The Earth lost 40% of its wildlife in the past 40 years, according to the WWF.
5. The earth’s deepest known point is the size of 24.7 Empire State Buildings end to end.
6. There are over 1 million man made objects orbiting around the planet Earth.
7. As passengers on Earth, we are all carried around the sun at a mean velocity of 66,600 mph (107,182 km/h).
8. There is enough gold in Earth’s core to coat its entire surface to a depth of 1.5 feet.
9. Large parts of Canada have less gravity than the rest of Earth. The phenomenon was discovered in the 1960s.
10. 20% of the Earth’s oxygen is produced by the Amazon rain forest.
11. Areas where it is common for people tolive over 100 years are known as “Blue Zones”. There are 5 on Earth: Sardinia, Italy; Okinawa, Japan; Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica; Loma Linda, California; and Icaria, Greece.
12. The Flyby Anomaly: When spacecrafts do Earth-flybys at certain angles, they experience a small but sudden velocity increase which is still unexplained. One of the proposed explanations is the existenceof a ring of dark matter around the Earth.
13. Stephen Hawking says humanity will not survive without leaving earth, insisting that human beings may have less than 200years to figure out how to escape our planet.