Please try to comment after reading any article on this site. Please you can also post your own story here. Please don't be a GHOST READER. To see the trending forum topic move to the Front Page. Follow us on: TwitterFacebook(P)Facebook(G)
1. Shooting Stars Sports Club of Ibadan, founded in 1950, is the oldest football club in the current Nigeria top league. History.
2. With the season barely 6 weeks old, 7 away victories have already been recorded. Heartland FC accounts for two of those.
3. Of Heartland's three league wins, two have come away from home. Comfort.
4. The seven goal thriller witnessed in Heartland's 5-2 defeat of Nasarawa is the highest scoring match so far this campaign. Exciting
5.Lobi Starsis the only club after round 6 matches that are yet to win a game (D5, L1). Slow
6. Incidentally, Abia Warriors FC's only away victory has come against Heartland, the away-win specialist. Sucker-punch
7.Taraba FC and Enugu Rangers are the only clubs to have suffered 3 consecutive losses. While Heartland joins Giwa FC has the only clubs to record three straight wins so far. Form
8. In 2012 the NPFL was ranked as the best in Africa and 24th best in the world by the IFFHS, the rating puts it a spot above the Scottish Premier League for the year. Wonder
9. The team that emerges winners of the Nigerian Premier Football League, will be N80 million (more than $400,000) richer cummulative, according to the League Management Company (LMC). The winners of the league on final day of action will pocket N30 million.
10. In the 2013-14 season for instance, League Winners Kano Pillars were awarded Fifteen Million Naira while second placed Enyimba FC got Eleven Million, two hundred and fifty thousand Naira.
11. The first winners of the Nigerian Premer League was Mighty Jets of Jos. They won the title in 1972.
12.Rangers International of Enugu won three of first six titles contested for in 1974, 75 and 77.
13. In the 2010–11 season Jude Aneke of Kaduna United became the first player to score 20 goals in a season. The present best ever, though, is 2014 top scorer, Mfon Udoh of Enyimba with 23 goals.